Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 3

Yesterday was my first day of work, although it was more of an introduction to where I am working than anything. Our base is small, with only one runway, and only a few hundred U.S. military stationed here. My job is going to be very very slow, even slower than Scott if you can believe it. However we do have a few times where it can get chaotic. For example, we are one of three abort sites for shuttle launches. Yesterday the Discovery was sent into orbit to resupply the space station and we went on alert as the primary abort site. It was very cool to watch the launch and know that we have something, even if only in emergency, to do with missions going to space.

I still can't sleep more than four or five hours straight. Last night I went to bed at like 1130 and I have been awake since at least 0430 this morning. I tried to go back to sleep, but it just did not happen. Hopefully I will have more energy than yesterday; came home from work and passed out for three hours.

I have some pretty cool ideas kicking around in my head for my story so hopefully I will have the motivation and energy to write today. Plus, I really need to work out cuz I'm getting pudgy.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you made it in one piece. Will follow your adventures. What is your writing about? We spent 5 years in the 80's at Zaragoza Air Base, but no Americans there now. Never made it to Moron but went to Madrid often. One item for your bucket list has to be a bull fight. You can get your Mom some pearls in Majorca(short flight into the Med).

    The Shermans

    ReplyDelete